Module 02 Study Guide
- Explain the distinction between syntax and semantics and identify syntactic and semantic elements of a language
- Define terms used to describe languages and grammars
- Generate strings in the language described by a grammar using derivations or parse trees
- Recognize whether a string is in the language generated by a grammar
- Examine a grammar and be able to determine the precedence of operators
- Examine a grammar and be able to determine the associativity of operators
- Show that a grammar is ambiguous using derivations or parse trees
- CPL Sections 3.1-3.3
- Slides: Lam
Please complete the lab for this week (link posted in Canvas).
The quiz for this module will take place in class on Friday. You will have an opportunity to re-take a different version of the same quiz next week. If you choose to do the re-take, your grade for this module will be the higher of the two scores.